Jump to content

Recommended Posts

with all due respect to his work, but the other version was much simpler to use.
I'm trying to open the client is crashing.
5 min passes and the client closes.
the cure does not return from sayaians is not working because the cure within the game and as other spells are by commands f1 to f12, we cannot perform spells by their names
Link to post
Share on other sites

At first look the new version looks impressive, can see that a lot of work has gone through. But in the current state is absolutely unusable, the amount of crashes make you waste more time troubleshooting the bot than using it.

-I really like the implementation of the alert window with the toggles on the different alerts, but some of them are not working properly (or couldn't make them work) like the messages, or player attacking. one improvement could be adding some color depending on the status of the toggle, centering the words in the state box and uppercasing the yes/no status.

-the split on the targeting window seems a little over the top, the previous versions was so much cleaner and easier to use than this one, this seems more like a war bot than just a cavebot targeting system, imo this much detail on targeting preferences is overkill and shows the importance of an easy to use UI.

-I would add an additional Cavebot enable toggle on the waypoints screen, add a toggle directly to each of the healing rules in order to not have to edit said rule every time you'd like to get something running(something like the scripts toggle on the previous version).

-The script section is fine, but it would be nice to have already saved scripts show in the right column (maybe is already a feature, haven't use this window too much)

-Finally the cavebot in it self feels a lot chunkier than the previous version, I've been using the STAND action to move from one point to the next, and it gets stuck (stays standing for a bit, know that's the purpose of that action) making it look way more suspicious, don't know if I'm supposed to use another action in this case. Also seem that the cabebot could not pick up from mid cave, meaning it always looks for the first waypoint when it starts. On this same topic maybe add  a different window only containing the actions and cardinal direction when adding waypoints, the always on top covers a big portion of the screen, and it may look useless if you don't count with dual monitor setup.

 

Hope this can be helpful in someway, not trying to shit on your work.

Tested on DBL

Edited by Markesant
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, aline said:

with all due respect to his work, but the other version was much simpler to use.
I'm trying to open the client is crashing.
5 min passes and the client closes.
the cure does not return from sayaians is not working because the cure within the game and as other spells are by commands f1 to f12, we cannot perform spells by their names

I'll add an option to send keystrokes as in the previous version.

Also you are encouraged to send crash logs to this topic: 

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

At first look the new version looks impressive, can see that a lot of work has gone through. But in the current state is absolutely unusable, the amount of crashes make you waste more time troubleshooting the bot than using it.

First of all, this is a beta version and every bit of feedback is appreciated and crashes are more than expected from my end.

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

-I really like the implementation of the alert window with the toggles on the different alerts, but some of them are not working properly (or couldn't make them work) like the messages, or player attacking. one improvement could be adding some color depending on the status of the toggle, centering the words in the state box and uppercasing the yes/no status.

Some of the functions of the bot may not work on specific clients because of the protocol and/or other differences between the servers. In that case I'll be adding few more functions to replace already implemented alerts with scripts that could be customized to fit the server.

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

-the split on the targeting window seems a little over the top, the previous versions was so much cleaner and easier to use than this one, this seems more like a war bot than just a cavebot targeting system, imo this much detail on targeting preferences is overkill and shows the importance of an easy to use UI.

I highly disagree on this one, I've added a lot of features to the targeting and it was needed to create a separate panel for it.

For example you can now set the bot to follow or run away from the creature, as well as set different options based on specific creature count and more.
Just mess around with it and you will see how much advanced it is to the prior system.

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

-I would add an additional Cavebot enable toggle on the waypoints screen, add a toggle directly to each of the healing rules in order to not have to edit said rule every time you'd like to get something running(something like the scripts toggle on the previous version).

I like the suggestion of moving the checkbox into the grid view. You can add a hotkey script to quickly activate/deactive the cavebot and adding more controls to the UI doesn't feel like necessary for me right now.

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

-The script section is fine, but it would be nice to have already saved scripts show in the right column (maybe is already a feature, haven't use this window too much)

It does it already if saved in the default locations.

 

10 hours ago, Markesant said:

-Finally the cavebot in it self feels a lot chunkier than the previous version, I've been using the STAND action to move from one point to the next, and it gets stuck (stays standing for a bit, know that's the purpose of that action) making it look way more suspicious, don't know if I'm supposed to use another action in this case. Also seem that the cabebot could not pick up from mid cave, meaning it always looks for the first waypoint when it starts. On this same topic maybe add  a different window only containing the actions and cardinal direction when adding waypoints, the always on top covers a big portion of the screen, and it may look useless if you don't count with dual monitor setup.

You should be using stands pretty much only when changing floors or if you really need to ensure your character stands on a specific location.

Use nodes otherwise. Also double clicking on the ID column of waypoints sets the current waypoint to the clicked one so you can start wherever you want.

 

Also the bot has never crashed for me while I've tested it at DBL, can you provide more details about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Zelek locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...